-->

January 4, 2012

2012!



Lights! Fireworks! Food! Music! Family! Oh, the words that make up New Year's Eve are endless. A lot of things make me happy on the last day of the year. The idea that I got to survive the year, the idea that I'm with my family, the idea that God has blessed me so much...it's a twist and turn of ideas all at once! 

Now you know how a lot of people are going around saying that they hated 2011? Weeell.....I guess everyone has their reasons. This year was tiring.  This year had terrible downs but wonderful ups...Stress weighed me down until I was (literally) gritting my teeth, but God's blessings and his everlasting love kept my feet on the ground! 

Moving into a new school wasn't too easy for me. I have had the same school for 7 consecutive years, and it's difficult to say bye to my childhood friends. I was nervous! I realized that I wasn't going to be in the same grade as the grade I sat in with. I was going to be in a higher batch, which meant that I was going to be the youngest...and the shortest. When I first entered my homeroom classroom, I remember thinking: "Oh Lord, they're all so tall and big. What on earth am I going to do?" It wasn't easy to get along with kids older than me, because there is a huge gap between tweens and teens when it comes to maturity. I chose to respond to the situation in a quiet way. I knew that somehow and someday, I would get used to my new school. The memories of my old school haunted me for about a month, but sooner, I understood that I wouldn't go anywhere if I dwelled on the past. I decided to be more participative in school. I was able to make a lot of new friends, I made it into the tennis team, I got good grades, and I was elected to be in the student council. Is it luck or love? God is amazing!

Besides a topsy-turny year of events, this year was {also} a very self-discovering 365 days of my life. It was this year that I realized that I was sort of into photography (especially film photography) and God blessed me with EIGHT film cameras! I realized that vintage things were fascinating, and it was the year I got my Underwood Typewriter! This year I also discovered what a fashion flop I was. This Christmas, my dad decided to but me a pair of Doctor Martems. (*Squeal!* Another blessing and gift from God.) Now I feel like a model, ha ha.


I might sound like a fashion diva or whatever, but these look SO adorable with tights! I went to H&M and dad treated me to a shopping spree (Another gift from God!!) and I bought a pair of pink, blue, brown and black tights.

Last year was also the start of the (according to my dad) attitude test. *Gasp* Hehe, my dad makes it sound really scary. But sometimes it can REALLY get terrifying! I'm maturing, that's what everyone's telling me. They tell me "Be the same old Stella...the one that laughs a lot, the one that doesn't mind doing anything crazy, the one that doesn't care about what other people think..."I guess the comments can get really flattering! But honestly, I think that I've left behind the vain, pop-art loving "princess".  And NO WAY. I absolutely did NOT leave the "loud and proud" Stella behind...well, maybe not yet :)

You know what else happened this year? I opened my blog!!!! (I officially started blogging on August 2011)  I kind of figured out that blogging is the new thing. For me, it's the best way to express myself! I'm sure a lot of you agree with that.  I also got to meet a lot of awesome people like Elisha {hi pen-pal!}. 

Now I think it's pretty obvious that I don't get to blog everyday, so here's the thing :-) I was inspired by Elisha's day challenge to have a "Ask-Stella" sort of thing. Every week, I'll answer 3 interesting, different questions 100% honestly. You guys can ask me any questions you like, but if I don't get any questions in a week, I'll find a way to still be able to answer questions. 

The questions have to be interesting in such a way that I would be able to post photos about it.
But never mind, let's cross the bridge when we get there. Let's talk about it soon, this January.

Love forever and ever,
Stella

9 more days until I become an official teenager!
Reader, you've come a long way! Thanks for being interested in my life!

12 comments:

Summer-Raye said...

YAY! For becoming an official teenager!

Elisha said...

cuuuttteee!

Unknown said...

Your blog is just so cute!

Erin James said...

amazing girl! i'm now following :)
love your little blog.
do you ever do blog button swaps? i'd love to if you would!

XO
erin

sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

Katrina S said...

Interesting story on the new school thing! I'm also thinking of transferring too.. hmm :/ Any tips?

Stella said...

Thank you everyone!

And sure, Erin. Your button is already up on my lovely blogs page :-) I love what you write about!

Talk to you all soon,
Stella x

Guen said...

What chu talkin' bout when you say we're big and tall?? *does the ghetto neck thingy* :P
Our batch appreciates the loud and crazy Stella and I appreciate this post (and your blog). It's such a great read.

Good luck with your blog in 2012! Look how far you've gotten--78 followers!

Stella said...

Hahaha aw thanks Guen! Loving your blog too! I recommend it to a lot of people looking for some YA books to read :-)

Stella said...

@Katrina, Sometimes it's a battle of mind. Be yourself. Smile a lot. I don't really know, I just picked out an empty seat and let my expressions do all of the talking, : )

Anonymous said...

Correction, they are Doctor marteNs ;)

Stella said...

Oh thanks for spotting that! :)

Elisha said...

Awh, I love looking back at this! (:

Post a Comment