-->

January 16, 2012

Word Of the Year

For our English class, we had to choose one word for the year. The word we chose is supposed to be our own words that we would live on for the year.
My friend Ciara chose the word Extreme, because according to her, this 2012 is going to be one exciting (and intense) year for her! My friend Ana chose to word Confidence, because this year, she wants to be able to be confident with herself, her ideas and her voice.

So I guess it's kinda obvious what my word is, assuming you can see the big typography above this text! Yes, this year I chose the word Brave.The main reason why I chose the word brave was because 2012 is the year I turn 13! It's a new step for me, I'm entering a new stage in life and a lot of new things are coming into my life! 

What is your word of the year?

6 comments:

Jujube said...

Wonderful word for the year! It does take a lot of bravery and courage to face a new season and stage in your life.

My word for the year is "love." Further elaboration can be found in this post.

Unknown said...

BRAVE is such a great word! So you'll be a teenager this year, how exciting! I remember when I was 13....actually no i don't, it was too long ago lol. I think my word of the year would be CREATE :) xx

Stella said...

Awesome, Sal! Thanks for those kind words of yours (:

Guen said...

Ooh your word relates to mine--RISK. I'm too much of a wimp and this year, I'm going to take the plunge and just do what I've been scared to do last year.

I hope 13 will be a great step in your life, Stella! ;)

Stella said...

Awesome word Guen, and thanks a lot! :)

Lilly May said...

I think my word of the year would be "unique" because everyone at school are always so similar-looking (fashion-wise). I want to kind of stand out among that crowd of "feeling popular" girls wearing shirts with Marvel hero logos and Toms [or Keds]!

It's always the same with those girls. They all want to be "in" and accepted by others by following passing trends. I bet that in a few months, there will be a new "in" shirt that ALL those girls will be wearing when we don't have to wear our boring uniforms.

Don't get me wrong though! I'm not saying trends are bad or anything. I'm just trying to say that some people seem to have lost their sense of individuality.

I start to wonder, "What on EARTH happened to uniqueness and individuality?". Sigh. My new goal is to try to bring back uniqueness among my batch mates. I really do hope that I'll be able to accomplish that by the end of the year.

Post a Comment