-->

January 8, 2012

Crooked Paths

Here's a little blog entry for all of you. This is also a way (for me) to be able to make up for all of the useless thinking I've had in the past few days. It's about time I thought of something GOOD.

Image from Milica & Stefan

I worry about the littlest things in life. I panic. I get angry and stressed easily. I am a brat. Life is not going how it's supposed to be. I hate the world. There are times in my life when I feel as if I'm a pale rose, waiting to wither. When I read my Bible, though, I seem as if I have never been so alive. The word of God is so powerful, it's like a beaming light in dark cave. It's a new guided path for the lost. It's eyes for the blind. 

Photo from Michele

A few days ago, as I was browsing through my very old scrapbook, I landed unto this page that talked about the future. There, it said: "Me 20 years from now". Below was a drawing of me with a microphone performing to thousands of people. I laughed at the sight. I like the idea of reviving the old ideas that have already been crumpled and thrown into the bin.

I was just wondering, though. What will I really be 20 years from now? Will I be booming with business? Will I be rich from top to bottom? Will I be hiding? Will I fail? Will I have a family? Will I be unsuccessful? Will I seek for help? The questions started to pile up. 

Image from Marcia Martins

I was getting scared, then I decided to pray. What is my direction, God? Will I become a Journalist? Will I be able to have a happy family and support them? Will I make the right decisions? God gave me bible verses about direction. I thought that maybe I should share it with you today.

Isaiah 41:10 

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Jeremiah 29:11


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take

Amen! 
God loves me. God is loving. God is faithful. He will straighten all the crooked paths in my life because He is the lamp that lights my feet. He is a leader that will guide me all the way. He is a shield that will protect me beyond 20 years from now. He is God, and I am His. 




P.S It's been a long time since I've actually had a walk or talk with God. It's been a long time since I've actually looked forward to church. I want to thank God for many of you Christian bloggers on here (you know who you are!) to remind me of the importance of Christ, and the real reason why we live. I know, a lot of posts in a week. But my first excuse? It's 2012! It's a new year! Hurrah :) And? This is about God. I think that God wouldn't mind if I posted 100 entries about his unconditional faithfulness and love everyday!

21 comments:

Elisha said...

That's awesome.(:

Stella said...

Thanks, girl! ♡

Ryan said...

Great post! Jeremiah 29:11 is my favorite!!

my thrifty closet said...

thanks for the inspiring post. Thank God he is our strong hold and deliverer! I like your blog, so sweet and filled with interesting images. Thanks for following, following you back!

mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

kait said...

I've been thinking a lot about trusting in God's direction for me lately so I am very glad you said hello and I got to read this post <3

Hannah said...

So blessed by this post. Amen! :)

Stella said...

@Mongs- Thank you so much, Mongs! Yes, God is amazing (:

@Kaitlin {bee loved} - That's lovely to hear! c:

@Hannah Gold- ;)

Emma said...

Why do you have to be so inspiring ..

Stella said...

Haha aw Emma, that's so nice of you! You're super inspiring too, don't forget (:

Unknown said...

aww Stella, first all let me give you a virtual hug. *leans forward and hugs the computer* sometimes life can get hard and yes, there are so many questions you want answered but trust me, these things will past and sooner or later you WILL find the answers. Turning to God is always a good first step. I strongly believe you can achieve whatever you want if you set your mind to it. Good luck sweety! xx

K. said...

So so true.Keep smiling for him!!

Stella said...

Amen, and that's awfully nice of you! Thanks for stopping by my little blog.

Liz said...

What an inspiring post! This is one of my most favorite blogs. :) <3

Katrina S said...

Happy Birthday Stella! :) Btw, did you receive the GCs already? I sent it already :)

Maury said...

Your headers are beautiful! There's this really cool website called polyvore.com that lets you make sets (I use it to make things that look somewhat like headers for blogs). It's actually used to make fashion sets and interior design sets but you can also use it to make art and expression sets! Please tell me if you like it. It's a really great website. :) xo

Heather said...

Amen! We are so blessed.

Louella said...

Hi Stella :) I just read your blog and was so engrossed, I almost burned the cookies I was making. You are an excellent writer and a super talented photographer. Keep it up!

Stella said...

@Liz. thank you Liz! You're lovely! :)

@Katrina, Will check out the mailbox. Thanks! :)

@Maury, I know about Polyvore! It's a really great site. Thank you for your lovely words:)

@Heather, :)

Stella said...

@Louella, your comment made my day! Thank you so much :)

Alyza Vernon Reyes said...

Inspiring!!! :)

memory said...

You will most definitely NOT be a failure. God has big plans for you, I'm sure (:

Yes, His Word comes alive for me too. So amazing.

Post a Comment