-->

March 5, 2012

how is your relationship with God in terms of faith and confidence?



Here's a little activity for you before the actual post! (This isn't a riddle. Drop the logic!)

Imagine you are a botanist, a scientist that studies plants. One day while you are busy in your lab, it seems that you have discovered a new plant specimen that will most likely be able to benefit the world in many ways, in terms of medication and food. The plant specimen is not yet considered a plant...not after testing, that is. Your co-scientists challenge you to prove the so-called "invincibility" and "power" of the plant specimen you discovered by planting 100 seeds of the specimen in a hot, scorching desert where even cactus seem to suffer. After 3 months, the final report has arrived. How many of your 100 seeds have sprouted and lived properly? 

This little "test" determines your confidence in what you do and what you think. How many of your seedlings sprouted? Less than 50? Around 50? All one hundred of them? If your sprouted seeds counted less that 50, your confidence might need some work to come around! If you got around 50 seeds out of the ground, you must learn to be sure of yourself! If you got 100 seeds up, great! But do you ever cross the line with your self confidence?

Sometimes I doubt myself and forget what I am capable of. Sometimes I get carried away with my ego, that I can start placing myself in a higher position, and I start becoming all arrogant and stuff. Did you know that the bible talks about the two different ideas? 

Philippians 4:13


I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Did you read that? "I can do all things...". Emphasize on 'all things'. God tells us that if we believe in Him and have faith in Him, nothing is impossible. If you do things for the glory of God, then He will forever be on your side! 

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.


I admit it, I can get carried away with my ego. I can get pretty vain and self conceited with my talents and my ideas. Sometimes if I depend too much on my ideas, I can end up on the wrong place. There are times when we have to lean on God too, and understand that He knows what's best for us. We shouldn't be arrogant with our talents and ideas. You know why? One simple answer: God gave them to us!

How, then are we able to do both? To balance our ego and to trust God no matter what? The best answer is to keep a good relationship with God by reading his word more, by going to Chruch every Sunday, and by praying all the time.

So this is just a little thing to talk about: how well is your relationship with God? How are things working out with you and Him? Have you been ignoring his ideas? Have you been worrying about your abilities? Maybe it's time to have a little walk to the park alone with Him, just to catch up.

Have a great week!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

just great! :) a stroll in the park just talking to God I think is a good idea. hmm, I'll do that soon!

Hannah said...

What a great encouragement. :)

Stella said...

Awesome! Love these, girls <3
AMEN SIERRA! Amen! :)

Jaynard CeriƱo said...

We all went through all highs and lows but whats comforting to know is God is always with us all the time. Keep it up Stella... this is so inspiring. God Bless! :)

memory said...

You are wise beyond your years, young lady. I love these thoughts. This is acutally something I believe God has been helping me think about a lot and work on in my own life lately. You have given me even more to chew on for a while and also pray about :) Thank you!
Oh hun, don't worry about the prize! Just take your time in sending it, I know you're busy. :) Thank you for your sweet words on my post about my mom the other day!

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

Erin James said...

thank you for sharing this with us, such a good reminder :)

Elisha said...

oh hey!! i tagged you on my blog!! :) awhile agooo...

Clara said...

i agree. i also think it is important to keep up with the spiritual relationship with him- sometimes i cannot make it to the church but i realize that it should not make me a bad person if i can take the time and talk with him, read his words to exchange that missed church time.

thank you for stopping by!

http://lucyndiamonds.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment