-->

February 21, 2012

too much of everything is bad // everything?

Just a little post!

I overheard a conversation between a father and his eight-year old daughter the other day while I was eating sushi with my own dad. (Ha ha, what a familiar yet unique scene!) I think that the couple had the most inspiring and interesting conversation ever! Here's how it started:

I put this image here just because...he he
"Daddy, what will you tell me if I told you I will order more sushi?"

Her father thought hard. "I will tell you that you already had more than enough sushi," the father told his daughter, "too much of everything is not good."

I believe that the father was using the opportunity to educate his daughter with such wisdom.

The girl, playing along, said "Even water?", 
"Yes, too much water is not good for you."
"Even vegtables?"
"Yes."
"Even sitting?"
"Yes."
"Even standing?"
"Yes."
"Hmm...even crying?"
"Ha-ha, yes."
"Even singing?"
"Oh, yes."
"Even singing for God?"
"Oh, well..."
"Even loving God....NO! Even God's love! Is too much of God's love bad for us?"

BOOM. She hit the spot!! This made me wanna jump out my seat and shout "AMEN!!" That girl was on fire out there!
So what am I trying to say here? Too much of God's love is the jackpot! One can never get tired of God's love. It's like a different flavor of ice cream everyday, each with a surprise topping! God shows his love for you everyday in the simplest things in life. Early for work or school? There's God's love. Complimented by a friend or a school mate? There's God's love. Got some gifts? There's God's love! Something sad , annoying or enraging happens? There's the enemy, trying to distract us from seeing the light, from seeing God's love.

Have a God-love-filled week! You can never have too much!! :)

7 comments:

Godsgirlz1 said...

That's really cute and good.

Would you like to check out my blog?
http://godsgirlz1.wordpress.com

~Godsgirlz1

Jujube said...

That was amazing! The little girl sure hit the spot. God's love will always be superfluous and we can never tire of it.

Angela Rieta said...

hi :) Can you follow me via GFC?:)

xoxo, Angela

bonbon said...

I just found your blog today and enjoyed looking around it. Loved the "too much of everything is post." I teach high school English and we were just talking the other day "Is it possible to love someone too much." A reat post and very inspirational. I look forward to more of the same.

new follower :)
bonnie
bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

Stella said...

Thank you so much!

Ginger Tea said...

Prrrraise God!!!!! This is such a sweet, spot on post!!!!!

Www.gingerrrtea.blogspot.com

Hazelnut said...

Nice post! And AMEN to that little girl! :))

Post a Comment