-->

July 29, 2012

medicines and mordor and cupcakes, oh my!



School starts in less than a week, so I've been trying to make the most of my last few days of summer with my friends....and I think you can clearly say that I haven't been making the most of this spare time to blog....blame me, blame me, I know it! I am an odd person. Notice how I had more blog posts during my school days? Kinda funny. 

ANYWAY. I've been trying to make the most of what's left of my summer, but this weekend I couldn't   because I was....SICK. And it wasn't the ordinary kind of sick - like when you get a fever, stay home, have some medicines and feel better in the morning. I was sick for 5 days straight, stuck in Mordor all alone (Just kidding! it was actually just the isolation that killed me..and my terrible headaches).

  1. I reached 40 degrees at one point. (The death doors have opened.)
  2. I couldn't walk. (Getting my laptop from my desk was a chore!)
  3. I couldn't taste (worst part...they prepared my favorite food for dinner!). 
  4. I was so exhausted. 
  5. The medicines varied. (one little, two little three little tablets, four little, five little, six little tablets...)
  6. My tummy was a zoo (wasn't just a fever...sigh) 

I was recovering during my brother's birthday sleepover, and my cousins made cupcakes for him...and everyone else. So yes, due to the consideration of the effects of eating dairy with a recovering bum stomach - I had to die while watching my cousins munch into these lovelies. (Did I mention that they baked cookies too? Cinnamon. My ultimate favorite. Awesome.)

Whatever the case, I am better now! Just one more day of rest and I'll be up and about! 

Much much much much much much love, stellaloooo x

P.s: I have queued up many posts because I feel so bad about not posting so much over the past few days - and I will have a blogging break this August so heads up for those of you who might want to guest post! The sponsor buttons will also go up by then :)

12 comments:

Sarah Dawneé said...

Hi Stella!

I'm so sorry to hear that you were so sick.
But, I'm very happy that you are feeling better now! Hooray!

And, I want to encourage you in something...
Don't feel bad about not blogging quite so often when you're in the midst of living life. After all, if you don't take time to leave the computer behind and get out and live you wouldn't have as much to write about. Enjoy what is left of your summer and write as you can, as you're passionate, and so on. =) Take time to savor life, lovely.

P.S. If you are looking for people to guest post I'm definitely interested. You can take a look at my blog and email me if you think that I'd be a good fit to write a guest post.

Blessings,
Sarah

Lydia said...

I always blog less in summer. It's an unpredictable season, and it's a time when you need to live fully in the moment. =) During the school year there's a lot of structure, so you can carve out your blogging time and be really consistent about it. Also, I've always found that structure and schedule makes me more creative in my free time. Weird phenomenon, huh? Hope you are well on your way to recovery! Being sick like that sounds awful =(
-Lydia

P.S. I'm always interested in guest-posting =)

Ashley said...

Aww, so sorry Stella! I hope you're feeling better now! It's odd, I find myself blogging during the school year too but now I'm not so sure, high school's coming up on me and I always am busy. And now probably busier! Good luck!

Unknown said...

To help you feel better: I'm sick now, too! Blehhh. It's horrible. Currenly, I have a headache and a blocked up/stuffed up nose. Plus, I had a fever this afternoon. Let's pray for eachother, okay? :)

But your photos and typography skills are doing ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, I see. I mean, that first photo with the 'sick' text on it is ingenuous. I don't know how you're so good at stuff like that. And your photos -- they make me want to melt. They're utterly gorgeous.

On a side note, 40 degrees? You. Poor. Thing. You're in my prayers, Stella!

xxx hughughug and lots of well-wishes from england,

acacia

little henry lee said...

glad to hear you're feeling better now! i hope they saved some cupcakes and cookies for you.

Kryn said...

Glad you are feeling much better...being sick stinks! (the first photo is lovely!)

Shelley said...

Sorry to hear that you were sick for a whole five days, but glad to hear that you're feeling better! Hope your last few days of summer are lots of fun! :)

Stella said...

@sarah, yes i will email you! :) thank you so much for that note, you really make me smile :)

@lidja, your comments are sooo encouraging! and you know what? i actually never got to think of that, yes will email you!

@ashley, i'm entering high school too! i'm quite worried, but i hope it'll be okay :) good luck to you too!

@acaia, aw, get well soon!!! yes, i'll pray for you :) AND ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOUR photos are the ones that we should talk about! <3 hahaha, hugs back!! much much love!

Elisha said...

Everyone's getting sick before school! Stinks. Feeelllll better! <3 Watch the Pride and Predujudice with Keira Knightley in it!!

Sarah Dawneé said...

@Stella- Sounds great! I look forward to hearing from you. You're so welcome! I'm glad that it blessed you. =D

Hannah Pangilinan said...

is that my cupcake?

Stella said...

yes, yes it is! :)

Post a Comment