-->

August 17, 2012

writing again.


life is a roller coaster.
each of us have our own tracks.
different events in our lives make up it's ups, downs, loops, drops and turns.
and God is our seatbelt.

life isn't the easiest and the sweetest thing either. if you look at perspective-- some people say it's a gift, some say it's a burden and some people don't know. but what i'm sure about is, that, yes - different things happen in our lives, and not all of them are entirely good. but all of these things that happen are part of our perfect plan that God has in store for each and e-v-e-ryone of us. and if you believe in Him and have faith in Him, who knows what surprises God has prepare for you in the future?

but it's important to remember that God doesn't work alone. if I don't even bother to care about the roller coaster track that God's given me, then what is the point of life?

am i really doing my best?
am i really doing the right thing?
what is my definition of good?
how has my life been, lately?

i guess it's about perspective. it always is. there are always unanswered questions, biases, our own perceptions and whatnot. well, whatever happens - i think i will never forget to keep in mind, that through the ups and downs of this huge, roller coaster ride, God is our seatbelt. God promises that he will keep us safe, but the ride itself isn't going to be easy.

10 comments:

xix said...

Ah, this is a really sweet post. I often struggle with my faith when major life events happen, so it's nice to read a post like this. Makes me feel more confident in Him, if that makes sense.
Anyways, totally following you now! Would love it if you follow back~

♥ x i x i a | thisisxixia.com

Jujube said...

Somehow, your posts are always timely and very inspiring. I love how you compared life to a roller coaster ride and God to a seatbelt--because it truly is like that.

Jemimah C. @ Ink and Iridescence

Anna said...

I love this. The metaphor is so beautiful.

Anna x

Shelley said...

I totally agree with everything you said. I believe that everything happens for a reason. Love this post Stella! :)

Unknown said...

thank you, stella. thank you. i needed to hear this. it's so beautiful + true.

xx acacia

Anisha said...

Such a sweet post.
Life has it's highs and lows and like you said we just need to put our faith in God and make the best of it :)

❤Not Just My Allegories❤

Anonymous said...

Nice post! :))

Alicia said...

Beautiful post. You have a way with words. You should be a writer. May the Lord continue to bless you.
Stay in touch with me, my internant wasn't working so I hope you got my email.
Ali

Jianine ☺ said...

this is wonderful. lovely post, stella x

Anonymous said...

Oh wow.I love the part you said ' God is our seatbelt. God promises that he will keep us safe, but the ride itself isn't going to be easy.'That's just so beautiful:)

Post a Comment