-->

May 13, 2013

smiles




I've had better months and better days. I wish that I could find the right words to say what I think or feel. Right now, I am at the point of pressure; where everything is on me, and I will have to take responsibility. And sometimes the incentive is what keeps me from taking that bigger step. Sometimes, I am distracted and my priorities are messed up.
And with that, honestly, I, myself, am seeing changes in the person that I am and I don't necessarily like them. But you know what's stricken me? It's that no matter what I've done, God seems to never run out of love - at all - and He's the only being that I know of that can do that. To love unconditionally.

Hm, why can't people be more like that? Why can't I be like that?

A friend asked me one time: If you were a color, what color would you be and why? 
It was only almost reflex to blurt out my favorite color (which is undoubtedly green) and not give any other reason, but that night I thought about it and decided to go much deeper than what I initially put out for. Because If I were a color, I'd be blue since it can both portray happiness and sadness. And even so, my friends will see me and love me for me; flawed and imperfect.

// 

Something to make you smile:

I see a bit of light 
From the edge of this cave
This drenched
Moist
And damp cave.
(Also known as school)
(And exams)
I see colors
And smiles
And I can smell
A tinge of salt.
Yes, 
It's summer.


9 comments:

Elisha said...

GOODNESS, this is raw and beautiful.

Lou said...

Gorgeous, Stella! Hmm, that whole unconditional love thing is a bit of a struggle for me, too.
Lovely little poem, by the way!

xx
Lindsey

Anonymous said...

What a good question (what color would you be). This is a good one that I will have to put some thought into. The "why" part of the question I think i the most important, of course, just because I think everyone has a bit different idea of what a color might symbolize. What fun, I really like your responce to the question, good choice. :)

Also, great photo. And, I am SO stoked for summer! Such wonderful things ahead!

- Dusty.

Kate Locke said...

Ah, I love this. It's beautiful.
And I adore your writing.

---->> Kate

Unknown said...

stella, you never fail to amaze us :)
summer's just approaching for you while it's about to end for us.. :(

Anonymous said...

what font are you using for your blog?

Jianine said...

love this x

Unknown said...

i love you :-) you take super good pictures and put a lovely description below it.my cousin (tiffy roque) says you are so nice to be with :p

Unknown said...

i love how you discovered what your true favorite color is. it wasn't about how it looks but how it feels.

http://discovgraphies.blogspot.com

Post a Comment