-->

April 5, 2012

I am of value, and so are you.




"Am I worth anything?"
"Do I live in this Earth just because?"
"Am I of value?"
"Does anyone love me?"

I think it's normal for us to ask ourselves these kinds of questions when we feel inferior. Not? Well in my case, I do. When there's a popular group in the school and they don't accept your differences? When people around you don't seem to listen to what you have to say? It's annoying. It makes me feel inferior, hence making me ask myself these questions. Then after that, my faith decreases and bitterness starts to grow inside of me. The idea makes me believe that I am nothing.

Well, if I could sum up that whole sequence of events into one word, it would be forgetting. When I ask myself these questions, I completely and totally forget. Forget what?






I forget that there is a God who sent His son to die for each and every one of us to save us, sinners, from eternal life in a nightmare. I forget that Jesus got beat, whipped on the back, wore a crown of thorns, bathed in blood and nailed to a cross just to save me. And you! I forget that when Jesus was tortured, he was thinking of every single one of us, thinking about our future with him in paradise forever. I forget.

That's why we have the Word to make us not forget of a such glorious deed-- to make it our default way of thinking; to know Jesus's story like the back of hands, or even much more than that.

To sum it all up, God loves you so much that he created you. He crafted every single strand of hair you have, and ever single pore on your skin And you know what? He, Himself, has prepared a place for you in His kingdom. All your wildest dreams, all your wishes, all what you yearn for...It's all there.

I am a sinner and Jesus still died for me.
Same goes for you.
Do I really deserve that?
God believes we do, because He loves us so much!

See, that's how much we're worth. We're worth the life of our God's son.
Have a great weekend :)

13 comments:

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Hi Stella!

So very true. I think we all have these moments where we just feel completely down and we forget.

By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog and following! :)

God bless you!
Joy :D

Hannah said...

Sometimes I forget too. Thanks for reminding me, Stella. :) God bless!

Elisha said...

I know this amazing girl...named Stella. She's a phenomenal photographer, and a fantastic writer. Stella should know that she is loved very much, and I am ever so grateful she is here on earth. <3

Alas. If only we could meet in person!! :P

Unknown said...

So True!

Auste said...

gorgeous:)**** love your blog
http://stylishlifeby.blogspot.com/
A.

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

Love this post! I'm new here, and I just adore your blog! I'm off to stalk the rest of your site... Have a wonderful weekend, sugar! xo

Giuliana said...

Hi dear, I just became acquainted with your blog and I pretty much love it.. it's filled with inspirational images and I'm looking forward to seeing more.
I'm now following it via GFC, please follow mine back if you like. I'd surely appreciate it :)

Love,
-Giuliana
http://www.suededreamsinc.com

Emma said...

these photos are amazing. when you go professional, save some room for the rest of us, kay? :)

Dark Blue Stripes said...

Love the first shot! Amazing!

Christie

Dark Blue Stripes

Elisha said...

I LOVE YOU!! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture and beautiful post :)

Say xx

Jianine ☺ said...

wow stella, i love your photos + post! hihi :)

Stella said...

Thank you so much, everyone! :)

Post a Comment